TensCare Perfect MamaTens TENS Machine for Labour
TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) is a widely used and medically certified method for relieving pain during labour. Practical and easy-to-use, the Perfect MamaTens TENS Machine for Labour Pain Relief allow you to remain mobile and upright during childbirth, aiding the descent and dilatation to provide a more natural, drug-free form of pain relief.
- 1 x TENS Machine
- 1 x Set of Batteries
- 1 x Neck Cord
- 1 x Belt Clip
- 1 x Set of Electrode Pads
- 1 x Storage Pouch
- 1 x Instruction Manual
What Is a TENS Machine?
TENS machines are devices that gently stimulate your nerves by using electrodes, which are attached to key areas of the body. By stimulating these nerves, TENS machines not only block pain signals from reaching your brain, but trigger the release of endorphins to keep you both calm and relaxed.
Why Choose the Perfect MamaTens TENS Machine?
Unlike traditional TENS machines, the MamaTens is easy for anyone to operate, and can be used both at home and in hospital environments! You can use it in the weeks leading up to your due date, during child birth, and as a method of postpartum recovery.
Who Can Use the MamaTens TENS Machine?
The Perfect MamaTENS is a medical device designed to be used in home, clinical, and hospital environments to provide symptomatic relief and management of acute pain during labour. The TENS machine is suitable for use by all who can control the device and understand the instructions, including the pregnant mother.
How Do I Use the Perfect MamaTens Machine For Labour?
- Connect the unit to the electrode pads
- Place the electrode pads as indicated in the picture
- Press and hold the ON button to switch it on
- Regulate the output intensity with the UP and DOWN arrows
- During a contraction press the BOOST button located on the right side
- Press and hold the OFF button to switch the device off
How Does the Perfect MamaTens Machine Work?
- Pain Gate: The MamaTens stimulates sensory nerves (which carry touch and temperature signals), which go along the same connections in the spine as the nerves carrying pain. This allows the TENS Machine to effectively block pain signals from reaching the brain, providing clean, drug-free pain relief.
- Endorphin Release: At low frequency settings, and slightly stronger outputs, the MamaTens drives the motor nerves to produce a small repetitive muscle contraction. This triggers the body's natural production of endorphins, which boost the user's happiness and pain-relief.
Can I Use the MamaTens TENS Machine When I'm Not in Labour?
The TENS Machine can also be used to relieve back pain in the last 3 weeks of pregnancy and to ease post-operative pain following caesarean, perineal tear or episiotomy. Aside from this, the TENS Machine should not be used recreationally under any circumstances.
What's the Difference Between This TENS Machine and the MamaPlus?
You may have seen our TensCare MamaPlus TENS Machine on the website and are wondering what the difference is between these two products. The primary difference between the MamaTens and the MamaPlus is the MamaPlus's inclusion of a contraction timer, as well as circular electrode pads for a slightly increased price.
Why Trust TensCare?
TensCare have evolved over the last 25 years to become Europe's largest distributor of TENS machines worldwide. Their cutting-edge product portfolio continues to exceed medical certifications, providing innovative treatments for drug-free pain relief for childbirth and postpartum recovery.
Features and Benefits of the MamaTens Machine
- Drug-free electrical muscle stimulation machine for pain relief during labour
- Three preset programs specifically designed to help counter labour pain at every stage
- Simple and easy-to-use controls, allowing the mother to remain in control of her own pain relief
- Large electrode pads for maximum nerve coverage
- Integral boost button to provide additional pain relief during contractions
- Sixty steps of intensity for gentle increases in stimulation
- Safety feature which returns intensity to '0' if there is a break in the circuit connection
- Drug-free and safe to use for both mother and baby
- Backlit screen for easy operation
- Waveform: Symmetrical Bi-Phasic Rectangular
- Amplitude: 75 mA zero to peak +/- 10%
- Channels: Dual Channel
- Weight: 75g without batteries
- Dimensions: 120mm (Length) x 60mm (Width) x 20mm (Depth)
- Batteries: 2 x 1.5V AA Alkaline LR6
- Display: LCD with backlight
- Environmental Specifications:
- Temperature range 5°C to 40°C
- Humidity: 15 to 93% RH non-condensing
- Storage Temperature Range: -25 +70°C RH 93% non-condensing
- Contact Duration: At least 10 minutes
- Safety Classification: Internal power source
- Designed for continuous use
- No special moisture protection
- Type BF Equipment: Equiopment providing a degree of protection against electric shock, with isolated applied part
- IP22: This unit is not water resistant, and should be protected from liquids