TensCare Perfect Mama Plus TENS Machine for Labour
TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) machines are a drug-free, medically certified method for relieving labour pain during childbirth. With brand new functions to track your contraction progress, the TensCare Perfect Mama Plus TENS Machine for Labour can be used alone or along with gas and air, while remaining one of the safest forms of modern pain control available to pregnant women.
- 1 x TENS Machine
- 1 x Set of AA Batteries
- 1 x Neck Cord
- 1 x Detachable Belt Clip
- 1 x Pack of Electrode Pads
- 1 x Pack of Breast Electrode Pads
- 1 x Storage Pouch
- 1 x Instruction Manual
What Is a TENS Machine?
TENS machines are devices that gently stimulate your nerves by using electrodes, which are attached to key areas of the body. By stimulating these nerves, TENS machines not only block pain signals from reaching your brain, but trigger the release of endorphins to keep you both calm and relaxed.
Why Should I Choose the Mama Plus TENS Machine?
Unlike other TENS machines, the Mama Plus is easy for anyone to operate, and can be used both at home and in hospital environments! You can use it in the weeks leading up to your due date, during child birth (with the added bonus of the Mama Plus's useful contraction timer), and as a method of postpartum recovery.
Who Can Use the Mama Plus TENS Machine?
The Perfect Mama Plus is a TENS machine designed to be used at home or in clinical, and hospital environments to provide both management and reduction of acute pain surrounding childbirth. If you're suffering from any of the following, the Mama Plus TENS Machine is a medically certified way of relieving your physical pain and mental stress:
- Labour pain
- Menstrual pain
- Postpartum back pain
- Pain associated with caesarean, perineal tear and episiotomy
- Inducing breast milk
How Do I Use the Perfect Mama TENS Machine for Labour?
- Connect the unit to the electrode pads
- Place the electrode pads as indicated in the picture
- Press and hold the ON button to switch it on
- Regulate the output intensity with the UP and DOWN arrows
- During a contraction press the BOOST button located on the right side
- Press and hold the OFF button to switch the device off
How Does the Perfect Mama TENS Machine Work?
- Pain Gate: The Perfect Mama Plus stimulates sensory nerves (which carry touch and temperature signals), which go along the same connections in the spine as the nerves carrying pain. This allows the TENS Machine to effectively block pain signals from reaching the brain, providing clean, drug-free pain relief.
- Endorphin Release: At low frequency settings, and slightly stronger outputs, TENS drives the motor nerves to produce a small repetitive muscle contraction. This triggers the body's natural production of endorphins, which boost the user's happiness and pain-relief.
- Time Contractions: The Mama Plus allows users to electronically time their contractions using a simple interface. This is an important accessory as it can give you a better idea of how much time you have to rest between each contraction.
Prepare for Your Due Date with the Perfect Mama Plus
The Perfect Mama Plus is built to allow mothers to prepare for labour in the weeks preceding their due date. By practicing with the Perfect Mama Plus three weeks before your due date, you can help relieve pain in your back and pain from Braxton Hicks (false labour pains/early stomach cramps).
Can My Partner Help Me with the Perfect Mama Plus?
The Perfect Mama Plus is easy for both you and your partner to use! We recommend that partners practice putting on the electrode pads, and that you should practice getting to know the machine's buttons and programs.
How Does the Perfect Mama TENS Machine Assist Postpartum Recovery?
The Perfect Mama Plus will help you have a smoother postpartum recovery by aiding with uterus contractions after birth. Uterus cramps are caused by the uterus shrinking back to normal size, and the electro-stimulation blocks these pain signals from reaching your brain.
Can I Use the Mama Plus Labour Relief Machine When I'm Not in Labour?
The TENS Machine can also be used to relieve back pain in the last 3 weeks of pregnancy and to ease post-operative pain following caesarean, perineal tear or episiotomy. Aside from this, the TENS Machine should not be used recreationally under any circumstances.
What's the Difference Between The MamaPlus and the MamaTens?
You may have seen our TensCare Perfect MamaTens TENS Machine for Labour on the website and are wondering what the difference is between these two products. The primary difference between the MamaPlus and the MamaTens is the MamaPlus's inclusion of a contraction timer, as well as circular electrode pads for a slightly increased price.
Why Trust TensCare?
TensCare have evolved over the last 25 years to become Europe's largest distributor of TENS machines worldwide. Their cutting-edge product portfolio continues to exceed medical certifications, providing innovative treatments for drug-free pain relief for childbirth and postpartum recovery.
Features and Benefits of the Mama Plus TENS Machine
- Drug-free pain relief for labour pain
- Contraction timer allows mothers to effectively measure their progress
- Initiate lactation with help from specially designed breast electrode pads
- Integrated electrode pads allow for comfortable connection with maximum nerve coverage
- Boost button allows for additional pain relief during contractions
- Device automatically shuts off if the electrode pads have poor connection
- 60 steps of intensity for gentle increases in stimulation