TensCare iTouch Sure Pelvic Floor Incontinence Trainer
Many women accept bladder leakage and incontinence as a repercussion of childbirth, but this is actually something which can be both treated and cured! Strengthen your pelvic floor muscles with the TensCare iTouch Sure Pelvic Floor Incontinence Trainer, a non-surgical, drug-free solution for incontinence.
Please note that pelvic floor trainers should only be used at least 6 weeks after vaginal childbirth.
- 1 x Pelvic Floor Exerciser
- 1 x Lead Wire
- 1 x Liberty Vaginal Probe
- 2 x 1.5V AA Alkaline Batteries (B-AA)
- 1 x Instruction Manual
- 1 x Storage Pouch
Why Should I Use the TensCare iTouch Incontinence Trainer?
Bladder weakness is often seen as a natural part of a postpartum recovery and the normal aging process, but it is in fact a treatable condition, one you shouldn't have to manage through the use of containment pads. With sessions lasting for just 20 minutes a day, the iTouch can be easily scheduled into your daily routine, and treat your weak pelvic floor muscles!
Why Does Child Birth Cause Incontinence?
Childbirth can damage the nerves around the pelvic floor muscles, causing them to weaken and produce an overactive bladder. If you think about it, your pelvic floor has been holding up the combined weight of you and your baby for months, so there's undoubtedly going to be some pelvic weakness.
How Do I Use the iTouch Sure Pelvic Floor Trainer?
The iTouch Pelvic Floor Trainer is easy to set up and get started with!
- Connect the unit with the vaginal probe.
- Insert the vaginal probe.
- Press and hold the ON button to switch iTouch on.
- Select the programme by pressing the button P.
- Regulate output intensity with the UP and DOWN arrows.
- Press and hold the OFF button to switch iTouch off.
How Long Should I Use the iTouch Trainer For?
- We recommend using the iTouch Trainer for just 20 minutes a day, while you're watching TV, lying in bed or just relaxing.
- Traditional treatment time is for a period of 12 weeks, however many women notice significant results in as little as 3 - 4 weeks!
- After your initial treatment period is over, the "Tone" programme should be used for 20 minutes once a week to maintain your pelvic floor.
What Position Is Best When Using the iTouch Incontinence Trainer?
You can use the iTouch in any position, but users usually find it most comfortable reclining on the sofa or lying in bed with the knees slightly drawn up. It's important to find a comfortable position before beginning your 20 minute sessions.
It's important to find a comfortable position for your pelvic floor exercises
What Types Of Incontinence Does the iTouch Treat?
The iTouch is suitable for the three primary types of incontinence outlined below:
- Stress Incontinence: Involuntary leakage of urine when you cough, sneeze or make a sudden movement. This form of incontinence is very common in women and occurs when the bladder neck and the other mechanisms that act to hold urine in the bladder are not working properly.
- Urge Incontinence: This is essentially an overactive bladder. You may experience a strong and sudden urge to go to the toilet but are not always able to hold on, or have to go so frequently that it becomes inconvenient.
- Mixed Incontinence: A combination of both Stress and Urge Incontinence.
Does the Included Probe Contain Nickel?
Yes, the stainless steel in the probe's metal plates do contain some nickel, which may cause an allergic reaction. For those with allergies to nickel, we recommend the Gold-Plated Vaginal Electrode with Pointer, which can be used with this device in place of the supplied probe.
Features and Benefits of the iTouch Sure Pelvic Floor Exerciser
- Powered muscle stimulator and vaginal probe
- Targets bladder incontinence at its source
- Trains and strengthens pelvic floor muscles
- Four optional pre-set programmes for optimal choice of treatment
- Easy-to-use with results apparent within 3-4 weeks
- Remembers the programme, strength and setting last used
- Unit switches off automatically after 20 minutes to ensure pelvic floor is not overworked
- Stimulation is gentle and comfortable with fine-tune adjustment settings available
Technical Specifications of the iTouch Sure Pelvic Floor Trainer
- Waveform: Asymemetrical rectangular
- Intensity: 50V zero to peak constant volatege over 470 - 1500ohm constant current over 160 - 470ohm
- Max. Pulse Energy: Total output limited to 25uC per pulse
- Output Plug Fully shielded, touchproof mini USB
- Channels: Single channel
- Batteries/Power: 2 x AA alkaline or 2 x AA NiMH
- Battery Life: At least 15 hours at 50mA 300uS 50Hz
- Weight: 90g (without batteries)
- Adjustable timer:
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes (Default)
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 90 minutes
- Safety Classification: Internal power source. Type BF. Designed for continuous use. No special moisture protection
- Environmental Specification Operating:
- Humidity: 20 to 93% RH
- Temperature Range: 10°C to 35°C
- Atmospheric Pressure: 700hPa to 1060hPa
- Humidity: Up to 93% RH (non-condensing)
- Temperature Range: -20°C to 70°C
- Atmospheric Pressure: 700hPa to 1060hPa
- Type BF Equipment: Equipment providing a degree of protection against electric shock, with isolated applied part