Beurer FT95 Non-Contact Thermometer with Bluetooth
It can be difficult for newborn babies to keep their temperatures up, especially if they are premature. The Beurer FT95 Non-Contact Thermometer with Bluetooth can help you monitor your baby's temperature so they don't get too cold. The thermometer's Bluetooth connectivity also allows you to store your baby's results on your phone, so you can build a full record of their health and development.
What's Included in My Purchase?
- 1 x Thermometer
- 2x 1.5 V batteries AAA (LR03)
- 1 x Storage box
- 1 x Instruction Manual
Why Should I Choose the Beurer FT95 Non-Contact Infared Thermometer
Offering non-contact operation, the ability to store up to 60 results and Bluetooth connectivity, the Beurer FT95 Infared Thermometer can make monitoring your children's health easier than ever. Not only can it be used to monitor newborns, it can also identify a fever when your child is unwell.
What Makes This Thermometer Great for Twins?
The FT95 infared thermometer can make taking temperatures quick and easy!
Twins are at higher risk of being born prematurely, and can consequently struggle to keep their body temperature up after birth. By allowing you to take their temperatures store results on your phone, the FT95 allows you to spot any issues early on. It also carries a reduced risk of contamination due to its non-contact design.
Store and Access Health Information
The Beurer FT95 comes with Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to transfer results from the thermometer to your smartphone or another device. These results will then be organised for you via the Beurer Health Manager or Beurer BabyCare apps, which can help you identify patterns and potential health issues more easily.
How Trustworthy Is the Beurer FT95 Non-Contact Infared Thermometer?
This device complies with a number of official standards for the safety and efficacy of electronic medical devices, including the EU Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC and the German Medical Devices Act (Medizinproduktgesetz). As the Beurer FT95 must adhere to a range of requirements to meet these standards, you can be sure of its safety and efficacy (check the instruction manual for further details).
What Is Considered a Normal Temperature?
The Beurer FT95 thermometer displays different coloured lights depending on temperature
As well as monitoring your children for low body temperature, you can use the Beurer FT95 to identify fever. Normal temperatures will return a green light, elevated temperatures a yellow light, and high temperatures (fevers), a red light. Thanks to these indicators, you won't have to waste time double checking normal temperature ranges when your child is ill.
How Do I Use the Beurer FT95 Non-Contact Infared Thermometer?
To your child's temperature with this thermometer, simply hold it about 2 -3cm in front of the middle of their forehead and press the /SCAN button. For detailed information about using your thermometer, as well as the exact position you should need to hold it at for maximum accuracy, please refer to the PDF instruction manual at the bottom of the page.
Does the Beurer FT95 Thermometer Only Measure Body Temperature?
In addition to measuring body temperature, the Beurer FT95 can measure the surface temperature of objects and liquids. You can use these functions to check your babies' room and environment are at a safe, comfortable temperature at all times.
- Warranty: 5 year guarantee
- Measurement method: Non-contact infrared measurement
- Measurement types: body temperature, object temperature, room temperature
- Measurement units: Celsius (°C) or Fahrenheit (°F)
- Operating conditions: -20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F) at a relative humidity of <85%
- Storage and transport conditions: -20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F) at a relative humidity of <95%
- Measuring distance: 2 - 3cm from the measuring point
- Measurement range of forehead temperature measurement: 34°C to 42.2°C (93.2°F to 108°F)
- Accuracy of forehead temperature measurement: ±0.2°C (±0.4°F)
- Clinical repeat precision of forehead measurement:
- Children (1 – 5 years): ± 0.07°C (0.13°F)
- Adults: ± 0.08°C (0.14°F)
- Measurement range of object temperature measurement: 0°C to 80 °C (32°F to 176 °F)
- Measurement accuracy: ±4% or ±2 °C (±4 °F)
- Memory function: Automatically stores last 60 measurements (forehead measurements only)
- Audible Signal (can be set): when device activates, during measurement and when measurement is complete
- Display: LCD display
- Energy saving: switches off after 1 minute
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 167.4 x 41.5 x 28mm
- Weight (without batteries): 73g
- Batteries: 2 x AAA (LR03) batteries
- Batteries life: lasts for approx. 2000 measurements
- Bluetooth (Bluetooth low energy technology):
- Frequency band: 2402 MHz - 2480MHz
- Transmission power: Max. 2.8dBM
- Compatible with: Bluetooth 4.0 smartphones/tablets (incl. iOS ≥ 9.0, AndroidTM ≥ 5.0)